Thursday, July 10, 2008

Go U.S.A.!

I'm a big fan of the Olympics. Always have been, probably always will be. I just love it, love the passion the athletes have, love thinking about how they probably "came up through the ranks" to shine as a super athlete. I love their life stories, some of them normal some of them truly inspiring (Like Bode Miller - skier to name just one). I can remember clearly in 1996 when Kerri Strug landed on her broken ankle to win the event - what a moment! I was sitting in my sparsly furnished 1 bedroom apartment, glued to the tv that night. And as we sat and watch a sport I've never actually witnessed in person last week, I found myself crying more than once at what an accomplishment winning a spot on the team must have been for some of these people and their families. And now that I'm a little older with kids of my own, I can only imagine the pride a parent must feel when their child takes the medal stand.

All of these pictures were taken with a little point and shoot camera, so far from even good quality. LOL We were four rows from the water and really close to the medal stand. The pictures are terribly dark and grainy and with a p&s zoom this was as much detail as I could get. Kind of disappointing to me, but it's better than nothing. And Jill's already inspired to make several scrapbook pages out of the event. LOL











No comments: