Monday, June 4, 2007

Beauty in the every day



Do you ever walk past something everyday and think, "That's really neat, I should take a picture of that." Then the seasons change and change again and then change again and you've never taken that picture? That happens to me all the time! In fact, we lived in our previous home for 10 years and only one time did I ever take a picture of our beautiful red maple. What is sad, is that it only takes one storm, one lightning strike, one flood and the natural beauty we all take for granted, can be gone!

So I have vowed to start recording those things more often. Maybe not everyday, but often. Then in the cold dark days of winter, I can look back on these pictures and remember that Spring is just around the corner!

Oh... and natural beauty can be anywhere. The purple flowers are growing in a ditch near the railroad tracks and this beautiful line of trees... my neighbors yard. Yep! It's right there, all around us, just waiting to be appreciated.

No comments: