Monday, December 10, 2007

It's been a while...

This crazy holiday season has kept me burning the candle at both ends and without any real time to post to my blog. But I'll make up for it today!


Sometimes I think my life is beyond crazy. I used to be an organized neat freak and now my house looks like a tornado came through, leaving a trail of Christmas, wet melted snow puddles and dirty dishes. My office looks like Santa's workshop, only not nearly as festive, with a mix of presents for my family still in their shopping bags and holiday orders that have yet to be delivered or picked up.


Yet in the midst of all this chaos, I would like to stop and be thankful and share my blessings.


1) This morning, on my way home from dropping the kids at school and daycare, I noticed that there was that beautiful and peaceful heavy white frost on all the trees and grass. Of couse, I didn't have my camera, and the sun has melted most of it away, but I am so happy that I took that moment to look up from the snowy roads and look across the country and saw the most beautiful site. White trees and glistening peaceful snow as far as the eye could see. It was one of those story book moments, that if captured perfectly win awards and get hung in galleries. But, alas, I will just have to cherish the memory and thank God for his gift of beauty this morning. I hope you got to see it too.


2) If you read down a few posts and see the pictures of the "M" family, you will see a family filled with love, hope and faith during some of the hardest times of their lives. I read their carepages all the time and I pray for Baby Nate and I pray for their family. They have touched my life and I am so grateful. I have been blessed to witness true strength, grace and faith through their family. I am humbled to have been asked to be a part of their life, if only for one short moment. Because of them, I hug my children a little longer and cherish their laughter a little more and for that I am truly blessed.


3) I was looking through Kelsey's school work from last week and came across this assignment. I had to keep it and share it. I'm so happy that my kids (or at least one of them) enjoys the place photography takes in our lives. If you can't read it, is says:

"My Favorite Christmas Memory"

My favorite Christmas memory is shooting my Christmas card. I love doing that. This year we did a cool Christmas card. We where looking for presents and my little brother was making a surprised face. I was very funny. I can't wate 'till we send it out! I was on my sisters back! I love it when we do the Christmas card.

By: Kelsey E.


And if you want to see the card... well I guess you'll just have to wait for the mail. :)





No comments: